Wednesday 27 January 2010

The end of the line!

It's here... my last week! I have a mere two more days to work, and my days as the Charity Shop Fairy are over. Well, sort of. I'm going on a 0 hours contract as a safety net...


There's so many posts I haven't made and so much weirdness not documented - I'm sure I can keep the blog going with retrospectives for some time!

We're off out for a farewell dinner tomorrow evening- to my surprise, an insane number of people are coming. It could be quite traumatic! I'm even considering breaking my teetotal of 6 months. It seems like an occasion on which one ought to have a drink. Though it could equally spell disaster if, as is very likely, I become slightly intoxicated and behave inappropriately!

It feels a bit like stepping of the edge of the cliff (leaving the shop, that is, not having a drink!) - and I may in fact go slightly potty without all my lovely nutters around to keep me sane!

5 comments:

Jo said...

Congratulations! How exciting, you´ve been wanting to leave for ages haven´t you? Where to next?

Love from Copenhagen,
J xx

Sophie Millward Shoults said...

Yes, I handed my notice in 3 months ago... Bit of volunteering and house doctoring for a while - considering applying to the local corner shop for some part time work too so I don't starve! Then hopefully starting an electrician course at college in September.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and am sorry (for me) that you're not blogging anymore - though happy for you that you got out of the thrift store racket as it sounds like you needed a break. I've often thought a great novel could be spun out of all the strangeness, heartache and humanity that bubbles up in thrift shops.... All the best!

Scarlett said...

Oh no Ive just found your blog and you're leaving!! Going to spend my evening now reading your posts as Im a charity shop addict and love to know whats goes on! lol. x

Anna said...

i adore second hand shops and all the great things out can find in them. great work you have been doing. you may like http://thesmartgirlsguidetoop-shopping.blogspot.co.nz/